Gain Insights Into Thousands of Renters Nationwide
The 2019 Online Renter Study: A national study of renter preferences, behaviors, and key implications.
More than ever before, renters searching for their next home are looking beyond a community’s score or star rating! Use the 2019 study’s findings to prioritize your marketing efforts and positively impact your traffic generation, resident experience, and use of online reputation to drive bottom line performance.
Topics covered in the 2019 study:
- Use of smartphones and tablets
- Visited website before contacting property
- Sources used during search
- How much each source is trusted
- Info desired during search
- What impacts the rental decision
- Most trusted source of ratings & reviews
- Important statistics on renters’ use of ratings & reviews
- 5 steps to your authentic online story
- Final thoughts on review responses
- Community social follower trends
- Residents’ use of social media
- Who is using social media?
- What does this mean to management?
- Perception of a community’s commitment to new technologies
- Residents’ preferred communication channels
- Value of a community portal
The third iteration of the study, in 2017, measured many of the variables from the previous two studies — revealing how trends have evolved over a six-year period and included new social & technological factors that were becoming common and useful in renters’ lives.
The 2015 re-visit was the first of its kind in multifamily – the first study that was able to evaluate trends over a five year period.
In 2011, SatisFacts launched the first comprehensive national study to better understand today’s “online resident and prospect” – the largest segment of apartment renters.