A few of the primary reasons as to why a future renter says, “No, I am still looking” are: They don’t understand the value. They’re too busy to think about it. Or, they are not ready for a buying conversation. During the apartment tour, anticipate the future resident needs at every turn and deliver exactly what they want at the right time. This is important in overcoming the uncertainty of the prospect.
The best way to understand the future renter is to ask effective, see-through questions, allowing you to get into their head. This leads to everything you need to know about their wants and needs.
Here are five questions that you can immediately start asking that will allow you to overcome the, “No, I am still looking” response. These could be asked when future residents receive a follow-up survey or during a community tour.
- What made you decide to lease here?
- What challenge are we not solving for you that we could be?
- How likely are you to recommend us to a friend or colleague? Why?
- What could we do to become your favorite apartment community to lease from?
- On a scale of 1 to 10, how likely are you to lease with us today? What would make us a 10?
These questions allow the opportunity for the future resident to be transparent and shed light on why it may be a “No, I am still looking”. All objections are out on the table and therefore allow you to know exactly what is needed to close the lease.