Session Date: March 3rd, 2021 9:00 AM PT | 12:00pm ET
Robin Rock, an attorney with the Federal Trade Commission, joins us to explain the difference between acceptable and unacceptable online review practices as it pertains to the multifamily housing industry.
- Review incentives can include cash, reward points, gift cards, raffles & contests, rent discounts, etc.
- Reviewers must disclose the incentive in their review. If not, the onus falls on the management company.
- The FTC is now looking into the deceptive practice of review gating.
- Employees living onsite must disclose their connection to the company when writing reviews.
- Penalties issued by the FTC for compliance violations could last up to 20 years